Sunday 14 April 2013

Illustration: 80th Birthday Telegram Invitation.


Towards the end of last year I was commissioned to design an invitation for a very lovely great- granddad's 80th birthday celebrations. This was pretty much the extent of the brief, so after pondering several vintage-esque ideas I came up with this telegram idea, which I felt was fitting due to the era of his birth date. 

Telegram:
After researching vintage telegrams I made my design as true to the real thing as possible, tweaking the tiniest details to correspond with the clients information. The invitation was A6 size, full colour printed upon heavy paper stock and fully informative with a space to insert guest names. 

Envelopes:


For the corresponding envelopes I used C6 Kraft envelopes with a dark red linen paper insert popped inside, I think the result matched well. Obviously not sent in the true manner of an old telegram but the overall result worked well and went down very well with the clients.

For anyone interested, I am in the process of setting up an Etsy shop, where items such as this will be available to order, fully personalised.

Artwork copyright of Queen Kwak.

No comments:

Post a Comment